Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: WiLL AG ever think of a Asian Historical....

  1. #1
    Dancin'4'AG
    Guest Dancin'4'AG's Avatar

    Angry

    a couple of weeks ago a AGPLA employee said that a Asian historical was in the "works" she thought and then i just talk to my PS and she says there are " no plans for one" I know there are several people on here that "know" things, who is right? PS or the employee? [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know... but I hope they do make one. I'd much rather have a new historical than a friend doll - and I would love an Asian historical! There are lots of stories they could do with her.

    I am also hoping for a 60s doll someday... [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Let's think about why is Jess half Asian.

    An Asian historical would ahem probably have no bangs, and black hair. If Jess were totally Asian, she'd either look exactly like AGT 4 or that.

    So why do they need to distinguish Jess from that, by making her only Half Asian, using a different face mold from AGT4, and giving her auburn hair?

    Because she'd look exactly like an Asian historical if they didn't, diluting the uniqueness of both?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you look through the Trademarks they have going, the only Asian sounding name is Lia, and it seems far too modern to me.

    I'd imagine that whoever Rebecca/Rebekah is, we'll see her first. I hope she's interesting. And since the name isn't easily pinpointed to some specific culture, (except, perhaps Rebekah, which could easily be Jewish), I hope she's an immigrant with brown hair. We haven't had a brunette Caucasian historical since the original set, with Molly and Samantha.

    I definitely agree with Sara, though. There's a reason Jess was only half Asian. They wanted her to be quite different from a future (hopefully 100%) Asian they might make. I want an Asian historical more than anything, but I really think we wont be seeing one for at least a good few years. Friend dolls, and possibly Rebecca aside, they'll want to make sure there's enough time between Jess and any new Asian girl, so there will be new collectors who don't have Jess, to buy the new girl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •